Thursday, September 9, 2010

Paul's Pen and Paint Blog No 1

This is my first attempt at a blog on the Internet. The blog will be mainly about painting and any associated topics, but I may stray into other esoteric areas.

I might start with a statement that I am surprised and filled with wonderment at the wonderful world of art!

I have never put paint brush to canvas till November last year, and I did so to try to encourage my 87 year old father to re-commence his painting of Australian landscapes. I was very surprised when my painting took off and now has a life of its own, but sadly my father has still not really tried to paint again.

I paint in a corner of Dad’s large lounge room in his granny flat, and this provides me with a chance to chat, paint and hang out with my Dad. I can chat and paint provided that Dad does not embark on too heavy a subject like Armageddon - the end of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment