Friday, September 17, 2010

What Kind of Art Paint to Use?

When I started to paint I thought that painting in oils was the only way to go. 

 Wrong! 

 After reading books from the library, magazines from the local newsagency, and watching / reading information from the Internet, I realised that there are a mind bending range of paints, mediums and products to choose from. 
There are oils, acrylics, pastels, pen & ink, watercolours, gouaches, pencils, oil pencils, crayons, and many more.  Each product has its own range of extras that complement and vary the performance of the original.  Some mediums extend the drying time of the paint; some make the paint to stay wet forever - till you heat it, some mediums take a tint of paint to make glazes etc. There are just too many to mention here!
When I first came to realise there were so many products out there, I felt like I needed to go back to school and check out my old science teacher.
We all need a teacher! An art teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment