Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Painting with Lights - Part 2

Blog No 9:  Painting with Lights - Part 2
 I really enjoyed creating and assembling Christmas Lights.  I have a passion about getting a good Christmas Lights Display up and running.  I have inspired both my neighbours to also put up lots of lights.
The way you display your lights is always important, they have to look ‘right’ for your house.  I change my display, as much as I can, each year.  For years this was my outlet for painting - ‘painting with lights’.
Christmas Lights can be expensive, so you have to watch all the specials that appear in the local shops.  After Christmas clearances are a must. 
Ebay can be a source of good Christmas Lights, at the right price.  I have lots of patience when it comes to bidding on ebay, you must have set yourself a maximum bid price and stick to it.  Do not get carried away and get into a bidding war with someone else who thinks that they must have the current item up for sale.  I have found that there is always another item (usually the same), offered for sale.  I sit tight till I finally get the item I want...usually at the right price.
Christmas Lights are fun to assemble and you spread the joy and message of Christmas to many people who come to look at the lights. 
I have a short video clip of my 2009 Christmas Lights, and I will have them up again this year for folks to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment