Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Painting with Lights

I was talking to my next door neighbour Bill several years ago, and I was explaining to him how I felt about putting up Christmas Lights.  I told him that I looked at Christmas Lights as painting with light.
I have always been fascinated with coloured lights.  I remember as a child being at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney, Australia where one of the displays had a sound and light exhibition. I sat cross-legged on the floor and watched this pillar of lights pulsate to the music that was playing.  There was a frequency module in the display that would show the high sounds as bright yellow and reds, while the bass notes came out as blues and purples.  Now-a-days the disco and light shows would have put this display to shame, but remember this was early 1960!  I really loved the way the music and lights interplayed.
 I like coloured lights, and Christmas is a perfect time of the year to go “full on” with all the lights you can afford and display and they always put a sparkle in everyone’s eyes.
Here is a youtube short clip of what I had going in 2006.
My next blog will show what the Christmas Lights look like in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment