Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life Drawing

My first Life Drawing workshop was a new art experience for me. 
I have sketched some human figures before from pictures, but never from life.
When I normally paint, I take my time, painting on average for about 45 minutes to an hour per session.
This workshop lasted for three hours. We used paper and charcoal on large sheets of paper.
The real challenge was the time factor, the model kept changing poses after five minutes, ten minutes etc.  I have never painted, sketched, with a stopwatch or time limit.  I remarked to the artist next to me that this was ‘hard work’.
I was happy with my sketches as they improved dramatically over the session and by the end of the afternoon, I was producing something that looked like the model!
We had a coffee break about two hours into the workshop and finally finished up with a long 45 minute pose, that enable us to get a good sketch.

This workshop was provided by Artisan Wonderland: An Ipswich Council Workshop Series 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment