Monday, May 2, 2011

Picture yourself on a boat... artwork inspired by Beatle's old song.



This is an "early artwork" of mine.  I was really hesitant to post this painting online as this painting was done only a month or so after I commenced to paint.

I was challenging myself to paint scenes from the old Beatles song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.  I completed about three paintings including one of Lucy in the Sky, but the painting of Lucy looked more like Mary Poppins... so that painting will never see the light of day!

I think that using a song to suggest scenes to paint is a good way to start a series of paintings especially if you are really learning and the final art work is not really for show or sale.

As you will know (if you have read some of my latest blogs), that I have had a couple of months of not painting due to the fact that our house was flooded and I have been so busy  trying to get some order back into our lives.

I hope to be painting at least one artwork a week real soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good painting Paul, but I can tell you've come a long way. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to your upcoming creations.

    ReplyDelete