Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Starry Starry Night...A Tribute to Van Gogh


I painted this as a copy of Van Gogh's "The Starry Night".  I was a little hesitant to put this painting up on my blog, but finally thought I might as well explain how and why my copy turned out to be a little different from Van Gogh's.
While I was painting this picture, I imagined that the dark mountain on the left became, in my mind a Dark (Earth) Force coming up from the ground and spreading across the night sky. The Church in the village is a ray of light, and hope - that the dark forces of the night will not take over. 
The stars at night also shine, and counter the forces of darkness. The Moon too has an influence on the creatures of the night. 
I hope that you like my take on Van Gogh's masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment