Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Bremer River, One Day before the Flood.



I have finally managed to find the connecting cable to enable me to down load some pictures of the Bremer River, Ipswich, Australia.  I took these photos with my cell phone, just twenty four hours before the river really started to flood.
If you look at my photo in blog titled "Ipswich Bridge, Queensland Australia", showing the normal river level, you can see the difference and how much the flood water level has risen.  I would estimate some fifteen feet above the normal levels. 

When the flood was at its peak the bridge was only about five to six feet above the water levels!




This second photo shows just how close the water is to the road, and I am sure that the road was closed some hours after these photos were taken. The blue Ford in the distance is my car. People were stopping to take photos, as I was only one of a dozen or so folk looking at the river in morbid fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment