Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little Brown Bag - a poem by Paul Howlett

Little Brown Bag
 By Paul Howlett

Little brown bag
Just what you hide
Is it rum is it rye
Lots of liquor
I am sure
But no one knows
Just for sure
It may be potent
It may be demure
It may even be
Some kind of cure
For the throat
For the body
Who will know
Lest I give it up
And  show!

I wrote this poem after a friend of mine had a 'incident' with a drunk in a public mall.  The drunk was drinking from a container stuffed into a brown bag. My friend remarked to me that a brown bag is a signal to the world that you are drinking intoxicants, and it really does not hide anything.  You would be better just to put your hand over the brand of your drink and that would be a lot less conspicuous!

1 comment:

  1. I like the poem, Paul. Good 'cures' can come in brown bags. Right?

    ReplyDelete