Friday, April 22, 2011

Bremer River, Ispwich after the Flood



The Bremer River after the Flood

This picture was taken about a week after the floods in Ipswich on January 11, 2011.  If you look closely you can see that the mud level in really high.  The flood peak was reported as 18.5 meters, and this was enough to almost cover the main bridge connecting the Ipswich business district to North Ipswich. Usually the bridge is some 50 - 60 feet above the river level.

I plan to paint a number of pictures of this river in a series of painting which I will call "After the Flood", and hopefully I can commence painting in the next few weeks.

Ever since the flood, time for me has just become a blur, as I have so much to do and I always run out of time. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, as the Insurance Company Assessors have looked through the house and hopefully reconstruction work will start within a week or two.

I really miss painting and I will be so glad to get back into the swing  of putting paint on canvas.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the pics. I am anxiously awaiting your upcoming paintings.

    ReplyDelete