Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rainbow Farm, a painting of a sign ~ from another place.


This is a painting from a photograph I took a few years ago. 
My wife and I were driving down the New England Highway from Brisbane to Sydney, Australia to see my mother who was very near death.  My brother called me on the cell / mobile phone to tell me that Mum had passed away.  This was in the middle of the afternoon and the sun was still out in the sky.  We were still a long way from Sydney!
I had not driven a more than a few more miles down the road when I saw a complete rainbow in the sky.  I jumped out of the car and took a number of photographs.  I managed to get a complete set of pictures of the rainbow that ended on a farmhouse.  My last picture was a zoom or close up of the house and the rainbow.  This painting is based on that photo. 
I looked at this rainbow, the first time I had ever seen such a complete rainbow, as a sign from God that all was well with my mother, and this was a great comfort to my wife and me at the time.  I still consider this to be a sign from another place, to give understanding that life goes on, and all is right in heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment