Friday, April 24, 2015

Travels in Brittany May 1991



Travels in Brittany, France May 1991  by Paul Howlett


I was very interest in looking at the “standing stones” in Brittany.




So after I drove up to the parking area in my little red Citroen, I commenced to walk around these strange rows of upright large stones and rocks.


I had a good walk up and down some of the rows and just wondered what the folk were doing some 2000 years or so ago!

The megalithes are the upstanding stones and the stones with a “roof” on top are called Morbihans.

Somewhere in the middle of Brittany I came across a Menhir, a different kind of standing stone.


I think these stones have a different shape and are big and solitary.

Finally to took a picture of some farmers (again somewhere in the middle of Brittany, mowing grass for the winter cattle feed).


I know farmers mow grass in Australia, but I guess I do not see them mow in such lush “green grass” circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment