Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sad Mess of Our Wrecked Household Belongings

When we arrived back at the house, we found that the flood water had wrecked more than you would think of most of the fittings and furniture in the house.  A lot of modern furniture is made of particle board that just soaks up the water and then grows mould.  Mould is a long term trouble, as we now have mould in the walls and that will have to be fixed before we can move back into the house. 

 I have a number of bookcases that I had not throw out, that now have totally disintegrated where the water has soaked in and I have a number of books that are now growing some bright yellow mould.  All books on the bottom row of all my bookcases are ruined.

I will recommence painting very soon, as I have a couple of good photos of the Bremer River, showing all the high flood marks which I am sure will make for some interesting paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment